The days of getting tangled in your tape measure when pressing up a hem are now over! The RockingStitch Seamstress Gauge is a multifunctional sewing tool that will make your sewing life so much easier! Use it for quickly measuring seams, pressing up hems, mark buttonholes and the list goes on and on. The gauge is laser cut from acrylic and is engraved so that you can easily measure and mark your sewing projects. Your new pal comes in a protective case which is made of cork fabric.
// Use the Seamstress Gauge to:
• Quickly measure 1cm, 1.5cm, 2cm, 3cm and 4cm using the shorter edges. Perfect for when you’re pressing up hems, adding seam allowance or measuring seams or other small bits.
• Make markings such as buttonholes, darts, pleats, tucks etc.
• Draw parallel lines when you need to lengthen or shorten your pattern. Or use the dots to mark buttonholes at a right angle by lining up the dots with the edge of your project.
The gauge also has 7 holes on the right side. They’re there to help you with sewing straight lines. Sometimes sewing machines don’t have any seam guide lines on them or they have so many, you don’t know which one to use! The holes will make it easier to find the one you need and I want to show you how, step by step!
Step 1: decide on the seam allowance you need, then carefully drop your needle (manually) into the desired hole. Choose from 0.5, 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3 or 3.5 cm seam allowance.
Step 2: turn the gauge towards you so that it’s vertical and at a right angle with your machine. Carefully place your presser on top so that the gauge stays in place.
Step 3: take some washi or masking tape and stick it along the long side of the gauge onto your machine.
Step 4: Voila! You can now use the tape as your seam guide. Just make sure you line the edge of your fabric up with the tape and you’ll get nice and straight stitch lines!
To keep your Seamstress Gauge in mint condition you want to treat her with care. Use a damp cloth to wipe clean any smudges and avoid contact with harsh cleaning products. Use the case for safe storage and be cautious with hot surfaces. And last but not least, do not drop, bend or lose her!
• The gauge is made of acrylic
• The case is made of cork fabric
• The packaging is 100% recyclable
• The gauge measures: 100mm X 40mm X 3mm
Please share your Seamstress Gauge on social media using the hashtags #RockingStitch and #SeamstressGauge!